Vange.....

I got to the office on Monday and after telling a couple of guys i had been to Vange on Sunday they answered "Vange, wtf'ing hell did you go there for".

The answer was Two Black-winged stilts and Adder that went for my foot as i nearly trod on it and a very polite attempted mugging.

With beautiful weather i headed off to Bowers Marsh - nothing there. So i went to Vange.

With a handful of Gypo's at the site racing motor bikes, generally beering it up it made for an altogether peaceful birding experience.

I had Heath with me and as we wandered down towards the Stilts we heard a hiss, looking down an Adder struck out for my right foot; it was close but didn't connect. I don't think it would have made it through my leather boots any how. It slithered off into the longer grass leaving Heath aghast that he had just seen his first wild snake and that it had just gone for us. Cracking experience, although i suppose could have been different if it had gone for him and gone through his canvas shoes.

The Stilts were showing very well with binoculars, no scope needed.

On the return journey a different kind of snake decided he wanted my camera. After a few words we departed, camera firmly on my shoulder. I'm seeing him next Tuesday apparently.......

Add caption

Add caption




Comments